A youthful wind blows on the vineyard ...
Built in 1810 by the Duke of Chambord who made it his hunting lodge and fervent adept of fighting cocks, he will give the name of the Spur to his field in reference to the protruding lug that the roosters have.
Ultimate reference sign to the French emblem of the rooster (head) will remain the major entity of the vineyard.
Château l'Éperon was totally restored in 1981 when it was acquired by Sir Henry Peat.
Guillaume Bergeon, has owned it since 2010.
Leveraging his viticultural knowledge and his taste for a job well done, he wishes to give a soul and an identity to his wines by giving a new lease of life to the vineyard.
His passion for this profession makes him want to go further in the perfection of vintages.
The wines of Château l'Éperon are claimed under the name Bordeaux Supérieur.
The vineyard extends over 34 hectares located on clay-limestone.